Active Start 2015-16
NOTE: Volunteer reimbursement codes for Active Start coaches/managers for our 2015-2016 season (AS Fall 2015, AS Winter 2016, AS Spring 2016) will be sent out in May 2016 and these codes can be applied for the 2016-2017 season (this season begins September 2016).
Active Start Spring 2016 registration will open on Thursday, February 18th at 10:00am. We have new registration procedures for Active Start that we hope will provide more certainty to parents on when and where your child will be playing soccer. Please read all the information so that you are aware of the changes to our registration process and other changes for the fall and winter sessions.
Registration will be on a first come, first served basis. This will allow all parents to have equal opportunity to sign up for the time/day that they would prefer. We are expecting another full season so be sure to sign up as soon as you can after registration opens!
Waitlist spots will open when registration is full. The waitlist will only be available for those players who have not received a spot in a regular registration package. Waitlist players will not have a choice of day or time. We will not be able to confirm a waitlist team until we register enough players and have at least two volunteer coaches. If you are on the waitlist, please expect confirmation of your situation a week before the program opens.
REGISTRATION INFO SPRING 2016:
You will now be signing up for a specific weekday and time as well as a specific Saturday time. Each specific group will have a limited number of spots – U5 has a max of 25 players while U6, U7, and U8 have a max of 12 players. When the spots have been filled, the package will automatically close and that group will be considered full. If we must change your group’s timeslot, we will do our best to add players to a group with a similar time. If we are not able to offer you an acceptable alternative, we will provide a full refund minus a $10 admin fee. Registration for Active Start Spring 2016 opens Thursday February 18th at 10:00am.
SPRING 2016 SCHEDULE AND LOCATIONS:
All Saturday session locations are at University Hill Secondary School turf field (3228 Ross Drive). Weekday sessions will be held on Tuesdays or Thursdays at Jericho turf field (1515 Discovery Street). The spring season will include a total of 16 sessions for U6-U8 players and 8 sessions (Saturdays only) for U5 players:
- Session 1 and 2: April 23 and April 26 or 28
- Session 3 and 4: April 30 and May 3 or 5
- Session 5 and 6: May 7 and May 10 or 12
- Session 7 and 8: May 14 and May 17 or 19
- * NO SESSION MAY 21
- Session 9: May 24 or 26
- Session 10 and 11: May 28 and May 31 or June 2
- Session 12 and 13: June 4 and June 7 or 9
- Session 14 and 15: June 11 and June 14 or 16
- Session 16: June 18
POLICIES: PLEASE READ
1. First come, first served on all registration spots
2. There will be NO group switch accommodation – sign up for the time slot that you are able to attend|
3. Groups from the fall are not guaranteed to be kept together for the winter session – you must register for both fall and winter if you would like to remain on the same team
4. The waitlist option will be kept open until the end of the first Saturday session – September 19 or January 9
5. Parents, please remain off off the turf fields and behind the fences. For indoor sessions please remain off of the gym floor.
6. For indoor sessions, please bring proper footwear (i.e. running shoes, flat bottomed indoor soccer shoes)
UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT:
1. Our uniform includes a jersey, shorts and socks. These will be handed out to your coach or manager on the first day. You can pick it up from them on that day.
2. Equipment including balls, cones and pinnies will be given to your coach to manage for the season.
VOLUNTEERING WITH VANU:
Vancouver United FC depends heavily on volunteers to be able to provide the quality and quantity of our programming. We are very appreciative of all of our volunteers and do offer a volunteer reimbursement towards the next year’s registration fee.
Additionally, we have new volunteer roles including equipment and uniform coordinators and field set-up assistants. Please indicate on your registration if you would like to volunteer for these roles.