VanU FC has a unique opportunity to travel to one of the most successful youth academies of the last decade. During Spring Break 2018, VanU FC will take a group to visit English Premier League club Southampton FC!
In just over a decade Southampton FC have helped develop and launch the careers of players such as: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Liverpool), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), and Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), amongst many more.
This trip is only possible because of a solid connection formed between VanU FC and Southampton FC over the last 3 years. Martin Hunter, SFC Technical Director, came to Vancouver and presented for the club during the 2016 Pacific Soccer Coaching Conference. Current SFC U23’s Head Coach, Radhi Jaïdi (former SFC player and veteran of 2 World Cups and 2 African Cup of Nations) studied for his UEFA A Licence with our own Academy Director, Chris Steel. These bonds have allowed VanU FC to have a trip tailored for them by the English club.
You will get to train with Southampton FC Academy staff, visit the club’s training ground, tour the stadium, and get to watch an English Premier League match. The trip will also include two games against local opposition.
WHEN & WHERE
The trip will take place between the 17th and 25th of March, 2018.
This trip is available to:
- Twin hotel room
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided each day
- 5 training sessions with SFC Academy staff
- Southampton FC replica jersey
- St. Mary’s stadium tour
- Staplewood training ground tour
- View 1st team or U23s training session (Dependant on manager)
- Meet and great with Southampton FC player or coach (Dependant on availability)
- 1-2 matches against local opposition
- Sightseeing tour of London
- Transport to and from airport, and all SFC related activities
- Return flights from Vancouver to London
- Travel with the VanU FC group during flights to and from England or make your own flight arrangements
- Stay in the same hotel as the VanU FC group
- Enjoy all of the sightseeing activities planned for Players
*** Chaperones will be chosen by VanU FC based on Parents' registrations.
- Travel with the VanU FC group during flights to and from England.
- Stay in the same hotel as the VanU FC group.
- Act as an emergency contact between players, parents and Southampton FC.
- Assist with the movement of players to and from the hotel to training, games, sightseeing tours, and other appointments during the trip.
- Night time check to ensure all players are rooms designated to them.
- Assist players with organization and timekeeping to ensure they are not late for group or team meetings.
- Each chaperone will be given a group of 4 players (maximum) to oversee during the trip.
HOW TO BOOK THE SOUTHAMPTON FC FOOTBALL EXPERIENCE
To confirm your place on the trip please register on Bonzi through your member account and pay your 25% deposit (based on what you want to register for) by Monday 16th October, 2017.
WAIVERS AND LEGAL DOCUMENTATION
A waiver of liability in favour of Vancouver United FC will be provided prior to travel and must be signed by all participants in the Southampton FC Football Experience. It is also the sole responsibility of each participant to ensure they have adequate and appropriate individual travel insurance for the Southampton FC Football Experience.