Weather conditions may force the closure of fields. Please ensure you check the status of your field whenver the weather conditions might force a field closure. The Vancouver Parks Board and the VYSA (our local soccer district) monitor closed fields. Teams and Clubs ignoring closures are subject to fines, and/or possible loss of permit for use of field.
From Vancouver Park Board:
- All home teams U11 to U18 are responsible for phoning the opposing team each week and confirming the game details.
- On weekends with questionnable conditions, the field status for House teams (U9-U10) will be posted on our twitter home page and Facebook page by Friday and possibly updated again Saturday mornings for changes due to weather.
- Any last minute field status change for Divisional (U11-U18) and VYSA U11/U12 games usually due to snowfall will be posted on our twitter home page and Facebook page
- The home team is responsible for telling the visiting team if a match is cancelled.
Please remember to check the Vancouver Park Board website and/or call the VSB hotline every Friday afternoon/Saturday morning:
- Vancouver Parks Board: Vancouver Parks Board - Field Status
- Vancouver School Board: 604-713-6000 ext. 2666
Effects of Snow & Rain
Lower Mainland Field Status Information:
Vancouver Parks Board: Vancouver Parks Board Field Status
Vancouver School Board: 604-713-6000 ext. 2666
University Neighbourhoods Association (UNA): UHill Turf Field Status
Burnaby Fields: City of Burnaby - Field Closures
Surrey Fields: City of Surrey - Field Inspection
Richmond Fields: Richmond - Field Status
North Vancouver Fields: North Van Recreation - Fields
West Vancouver Fields: West Vancouver Field Status
Coquitlam Fields: City of Coquitlam Field Closure Alert
Delta/Tsawwassen Fields: Delta Sports Field Condition Report