VANUFC is committed to creating a playing environment that is accessible to everyone.
The club believes that every child should have the right to play. Any member seeking financial assistance should contact the Executive Director to discuss in confidence payment options (here is his email ).
Financial assistance generally involves funding via a third-party provider (see info below) in conjunction with support from the VanU Community Fund. This approach allows us to directly help families experiencing temporary or short-term financial issues. Here’s the criteria for accessing funds from the VanU Community Fund:
- Players have played with a VanU team the previous season
- Requests will cover up to a maximum of 80% of the program fee
- Community Fund requests are only for First Kicks (U4 to U8), Second Kicks (U9 - U10 and U11 to U18 Divisional soccer for the regular season
- Players can only receive one grant per season with the season being September to March/April
- Academy and Camps are not eligible for VanU Community Fund Grants
- Deadline for application is June 15 for requests involving U9 to U18 September to March league play.
- Deadline for application is one month before the first day of play for all fall, winter and spring U4 to U8 First Kicks programs
- The following criteria will be applied to requests. If there are funds remaining, applications for First Kicks Winter and Spring programs will be considered.
- Priority given to those who have volunteered with the Club in the past
- Priority given to families based on how long they have been with the Club
- Priority given to those who have also applied to at least one funding agency listed below. Applicants will have the opportunity to verify this, optional, on the VCF Application Form linked to below
- VanU Community Fund grants can be added to the amount provided by third party grant providers up to but not in excess of 80% (combined) of the total registration fees payable to VUFC
- Successful applications will be given a one time code that can be applied to registration fees for the amount of the grant.
- Applications are now being done through a simple form you can access here simply an email to the Executive Director, Gregor Young email@example.com with a request for a specific player and an amount. Details around length of time with VUFC and any volunteer work with the club should be included. All applications will be treated confidentially. Only the Executive Director and Club Registrar will have knowledge of the request and details of any grant provided.
Applications are now being done through a simple form you can access here. The application will go directly to the Executive Director, Gregor Young firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated confidentially. Only the Executive Director, Operations Manager and a Board member designated to provide oversight for the process will have knowledge of the request and details of any grant provided.
This is a new venture for the club. We reserve the right to add or change details for policies related to the VanU Community Fund. Families seeking financial assistance are encouraged to register early to ensure their application can be duly processed and their child can be placed on a team in a timely manner.
Options for registration funding via a third-party provider are:
- KidSport: For more information, click here.
- Canadian Tire Jumpstart: For more information, click here.
- Athletics 4 Kids: For more information, click here.