VANUFC is committed to creating a playing environment that is accessible to everyone.
The club believes that every child should have the right to play. Any member seeking financial assistance should contact the Executive Director to discuss in confidence payment options (email or 604-674-4109).
Financial assistance generally involves funding via a third-party provider but the club recently started the VanU Community Fund to allow us to directly help families experiencing temporary or short-term financial issues. Here’s the criteria for accessing funds from the VanU Community Fund:
- Players have played with a VanU team the previous season
- Requests will cover up to a maximum of 80% of the program fee
- Community Fund requests are only for First Kicks (Fall/Winter for U6 to U8’s; Fall for U4 and U5; September to March U9/10), or U11 to U18 Divisional soccer for the regular season
- Players can only receive one grant per season with the season being September to March/April
- Academy and Camps are not eligible for VanU Community Fund Grants
- Deadline for application is June 15. The following criteria will be applied to requests. If there are funds remaining, applications for First Kicks Winter and Spring programs will be considered.
- Priority given to those who have volunteered with the Club in the past
- Priority given to families based on how long they have been with the Club
- Priority given to those who have also applied to Kidsport and Jumpstart
- VanU Community Fund grants can be added to the amount provided by third party grant providers up to but not in excess of 75% (combined) of the total registration fees payable to VUFC
- Successful applications will be given a one time code that can be applied to registration fees for the amount of the grant.
- Applications are simply an email to the Executive Director, Gregor Young gregor/at/vancouverunitedfc.com with a request for a specific player and an amount. Details around length of time with VUFC and any volunteer work with the club should be included. All applications will be treated confidentially. Only the Executive Director and Club Registrar will have knowledge of the request and details of any grant provided.
This is a new venture for the club. We reserve the right to add or change details for policies related to the VanU Community Fund.
Families seeking financial assistance are encouraged to register early to ensure their application can be duly processed and their child can be placed on a team in a timely manner.