(West Side) First Kicks U4-U8 Program Information
VanU’s philosophy for our First Kicks program is to develop passion for the game. First Kicks focuses on teaching kids to have a passion for sport and exercise while having fun and making new friendships. By playing soccer, kids can learn about work ethic, commitment, and having a healthy and active lifestyle. Our First Kicks program gives kids the opportunity to experience a team environment for the first time and build social skills by meeting new players. First Kicks also can create new friendships for parents and gives parents the opportunity to spend time with their children in a fun environment.
First Kicks is our grassroots program for kids in U4-U8. In this program, kids can experience playing soccer for the first time in a fun and interactive environment. First Kicks focuses on physical literacy and soccer development skills by having kids play a variety of games with and without the ball. This is a parent participation program that is also heavily supported by staff coaches. The training and games are hosted on VanU home fields on the west side of Vancouver and the program runs for 3 different seasons: Fall, Winter, and Spring.
What's included with U4 - U5
- Option of indoor sessions (not being offered Fall 2021)
- Led by staff coaches
- Three month long seasons (Fall, Winter, Spring)
- One session a week, on Saturday mornings.
What's included with U6 - U8
- First Kicks Fall/Winter is a six month long season (September to March)
- Two sessions per week: One weekday session and one Saturday session.
- Heavily supported by staff coaches
- Games for the older groups
- Full kit: jersey, shorts, and socks