Phase 3 On-Field Evaluations
Phase 3 Dates and Information 2023
- Players are asked to attend both Phase 3 sessions for the level they are coming to if there is more than one scheduled.
- Changes from the initial postings will be highlighted in red. Time permitting all registered players in sessions that have had a change will be emailed. This page is the final word in terms of Phase 3 scheduling info.
All Phase 3 On-Field sessions are subject to change. Check this page regularly for updates, including changes to session dates, times and/or locations. Any changes will be marked in red with the previous information left on but crossed out so the part that has been changed is clear. We will make every effort to email those affected but this page is to be considered the source for up to date information related to Phase 3 session dates, times and locations. It will be updated immediately if any changes are made.
- Players need to be registered at least one week before their first Phase 3 session is scheduled.
- Players who wish to be considered for Metro, Div 1 or Div 2 teams do so by registering for Phase 3. All players, even those who for whatever reason are not able to attend the actual sessions for their age and level, are considered for team selection at our Team Formation Meetings if they have registered for Phase 3. If you do not register for Phase 3 it is assumed you do not wish to be considered for these levels and that you are either not playing next season or that you wish to play Div 3 (depending on your age and gender).
- Players are expected to arrive 20-30 minutes prior to the start time for their session to allow time to sign in and be given a numbered bib (pinnie). They should be dressed in proper soccer attire that is appropriate for the weather and have a water bottle with them.
- While at Phase 3 sessions, parents are reminded to remain behind the perimeter fence at Warren, Woods and Jericho and to either remain behind the fence at U Hill or stay in the seated area at the north end. At Pt Grey Secondary, we ask that parents stay behind the fence or in the seating provided on the far side of the track. Staff will remind parents of this at the field as necessary.
- Invites to Phase 3 sessions are based on Phase 1 and 2 scores. "Review Sessions" are for players who were not invited to the Phase 3 sessions for the level they requested on their Phase 3 registration form. Players have the right to appeal these decisions (by email to the Technical Director) and attend a Review Session run by staff coaches. Based on performance at the Review Sessions, players may be invited to the relevant Phase 3 session to be considered for teams at that level of play.
- We ask that those wanting to be evaluated for U11 to U14 goalkeeper positions attend a separate goalkeeper evaluation session in addition to the Phase 3 sessions they are supposed to go to.
- You only need to register once for Phase 3 evaluations regardless of how many sessions you attend. In other words if you attend Div 1 sessions but are not selected and asked to come to the Div 2 sessions, you do not need to register again.
- Please read the 2023 Evaluation Policies document. Over 1000 players participate in Evaluations. We do not have the ability to reply to questions that are covered in the Evaluation Policies or on this page and others in our Evaluations section.
- Mass emails sent by the club related to Evaluations can sometimes be caught in ISP or personally set spam filters. Please make sure you are able to receive emails from Vancouver United FC via regular email. At our end.
Phase 3 Fields
PLEASE NOTE: Age groups are based on the 2023-2024 season; not this current season, if you would like to check your Child's age group please visit our evaluations registration page here.